How Long will It Take to Generate Revenues on Amazon?
The short answer is you could start generating revenues within 4-6 weeks. That is if you know what to do. The longer answer is that your success in how quickly you can start generating revenues but more importantly, how much revenue you can generate depends on many factors. If you add to the question, how much profit you would make, the answer gets even longer. The following is a list of some of the points to consider before you start selling on Amazon:
- Do you know which items are your winning items? These are items that you are able to source competitively source in large quantities and continuously.
- How much will you make by the time you pay Amazon’s commission and the fulfillment costs? Keep in mind that the prices on Amazon change frequently so you will need to run your analysis over a period in order to have reliable information.
- What is the overall top line and profitability you will be able to achieve on your winning items should you be the seller in the Buy Box for their respective Amazon listings.
- How much inventory investment will that require and how does that compare to the profit potential you can realize?
- Do you know how to pick the highest performing Amazon listing for your winning items as Amazon often has duplicate listings for the same item. If you pick the wring one, you could generate little or no revenues.
- Do you know how to get your items listed under the correct listings?
There are many other questions but suffice it to say that getting your listings up and running is easy but starting and growing revenues have many moving parts. If you get the answers wrong, you will either leave money on the table and/or pay unnecessary storage and inbound shipping fees to Amazon while investing in dead inventory. If, on the other hand, you know what you are doing, you could see growing Amazon Settlements deposited into your bank account steadily every other week after four to six weeks.
About the Author:
Nick Uresin is the Founder and CEO of ArgoMetrix, a New York based software and consulting company established in 2013. Nick is an Entrepreneur, Electronics, Communications and Computer Science Engineer, who has a passion for problem solving with technology. Nick built an online retail company with annual revenues of over $10 million. He developed his vision to organize the knowledge and technology he developed to become a large Amazon Seller and provide it as a service to manufacturers and sellers of consumer products. Let's get social! Follow us and get ArgoMetrix's latest updates on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.